- 2 pounds organic tempeh, any variety
- Barbecue Sauce*
- 1/2 cup Eden Spaghetti Sauce - No Salt, or Spaghetti Sauce - Salted
- 1 Tbsp Eden Brown Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup, or to taste
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Eden Brown Rice Vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp Eden Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 2 drops prepared hot sauce, or to taste, optional
- Barebecue Grill**
- Place the tempeh in a steamer and steam for 15 minutes or boil in water just to cover for 15 minutes. While the tempeh is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Place all ingredients for the barbecue sauce in a blender or food processor and puree. Remove the sauce and place in a bowl.
- When the tempeh is finished cooking remove and place it on barbecue grill. Baste both sides of the tempeh and grill 5 minutes or so on each side. Remove and slice or cube.
*This sauce is delicious on tofu, seitan, shellfish and seafood or vegetable shish kebabs.
**If a barbecue grill is not available this can be done either in a cast iron skillet on top of the range or under the broiler.
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.