- 3 large beets
- 1 large purple onion
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Peel the beets and cut them into large chunks.
- Peel the onion and chop it into thin slices.
- Mince the garlic.
- Toss the beets, onions and garlic with the oil, sugar and salt in a glass baking dish.
- Bake the beets at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring them every 15 minutes so that the beets cook evenly.
- Top the beets with feta or blue cheese.
More from Itsy Bitsy Foodies