- 3 large beets
- 1 large purple onion
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Peel the beets and cut them into large chunks.
- Peel the onion and chop it into thin slices.
- Mince the garlic.
- Toss the beets, onions and garlic with the oil, sugar and salt in a glass baking dish.
- Bake the beets at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring them every 15 minutes so that the beets cook evenly.
- Top the beets with feta or blue cheese.
Itsy Bitsy Foodies
Itsy Bitsy Foodies is an online resource for families looking for ways to spend more time together enjoying food and exploring the world beyond the children’s menu. They offer tips to help kids become more adventurous eaters, getting them involved in the kitchen and introducing them to new and exciting ingredients. They feel strongly that getting kids involved in meal choices and cooking at an early age will help them make smarter eating and lifestyle choices, and ideally help to reverse the fast food trend.