From Complete Book of Thai Cooking by Linda Stephen
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 12 oz firm tofu, patted dry, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut in matchstick pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in thin strips
- 1 c sliced asparagus or green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh red chilies, chopped
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Add tofu and stir-fry for 4 minutes, turning carefully, until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Add shallots and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add carrot, red pepper, and asparagus or green beans. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, lime juice, chilies, sugar, and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Return tofu to wok. Cook for 1 minute, or until combined and heated through.
Per serving: 260 Calories, 16 g Protein, 14 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 18 g Total fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono, 6 g poly), 295 mg Sodium, Good source of Vitamin C, Calcium, Manganese.