For the Buffalo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
For the Tacos
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chipotle sauce, or more to taste
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or brown rice flour (if you’re gluten-free)
- 1 Tbsp garlic chili oil, optional
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas (or corn tortillas if you’re gluten-free)
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup microgreens
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Make sauces: Combine all ingredients for Buffalo sauce in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine mayonnaise and chipotle sauce in another small bowl, and mix well.
- Season chicken tenders all over with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- Sauté chicken in garlic chili oil and canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Pour in Buffalo sauce, and sauté until sauce coats chicken and starts to brown. Remove from heat.
- To make a taco, spread 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of chipotle mayo on 1 tortilla. Top with 2 chicken tenders, plus 1/4 each of the tomatoes, the cilantro, the microgreens, and the blue cheese. Repeat to make four tacos in all. Serve.
These tacos travel well, but it’s helpful to bring the individual ingredients wrapped separately and then assemble the tacos in the parking lot or other game-day location.
Per serving: 651 Calories, 36 g Protein, 47 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 36 g Total fat (9 g sat), 729 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), Phosphorus, ★★★★ Vitamin B6, ★★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), ★★ Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, ★ Vitamin A, B2 (riboflavin), B12, E, K, Potassium, Zinc