- 5 oz portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt
- 2 avocados, pits removed and flesh scooped out
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 tortillas
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 handful of parsley, leaves picked and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- Magic Green Sauce, optional (recipe follows)
- Clean and slice mushrooms and chop stems. Heat oil in a frying
- pan (skillet) and add mushrooms. Sauté for a couple of minutes on each side, and then add soy sauce, maple syrup, and vinegar and season with salt. Sauté for another couple of minutes. Transfer to a plate and wipe pan clean.
- Mash avocado flesh and beans separately with a fork and set aside. Heat frying pan without any oil and add one tortilla. Spread a quarter of avocado mash over it and scatter over a quarter of mashed beans and a quarter of the mushroom slices. Squeeze over some lime juice and scatter with parsley (if using) and cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of yogurt over another tortilla and place it on top, yogurt-side down. Carefully flip whole tortilla and fry it on other side for a couple of minutes until cheese has melted. Slide it off to a cutting board and cut into smaller wedges.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve immediately with Magic Green Sauce, if using.
For a spicy kick, add pickled jalapeños to the quesadilla filling. Serve with Magic Green Sauce or another sauce drizzled over.
Ready to Try it Out?
Complete this amazing recipe with this Magic Green Sauce recipe!