- 1 large orange-flesh sweet potato
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked*
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp mild yellow curry powder, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Either wrap sweet potato in foil or lightly brush it with a teaspoon of olive oil. Bake for about 1 hour, until soft. Allow to cool, remove skin, and mash flesh. Set aside 1 cup of mashed flesh.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour remaining olive oil into a high-speed blender along with lemon juice and vinegar. Add onion mixture, mashed sweet potato, and remaining ingredients, including optional turmeric, and rest of salt. Blast on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. You may need to periodically stop machine and scrape down sides of container. Dip will keep in the fridge for about 5 days.
*If you can’t find raw, unsalted cashews, you can substitute 1 cup of cashew butter.
202 Calories, 4 g Protein, 12 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 16 g Total fat (3 g sat), 169 mg Sodium, ★Vitamin A, B6, E, K, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc