For the Dressing
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp finely chopped seeded jalapeño
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Salad
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz peeled and deveined large shrimp (see notes below)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 cup torn Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine lime zest and juice. While whisking, drizzle in oil until combined. Stir in cilantro, jalapeño, and salt.
- Make the salad: In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, chili powder, and salt. Cook, stirring, until shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plates. Top with mango, avocado, and shrimp. Drizzle salads with dressing and serve.
To make this recipe even faster, use cooked shrimp in place of the fresh shrimp. Cook the shrimp with the chili powder and salt for just 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
To prep the mango for this salad, stand the mango upright on a cutting board and cut down along each side of the large pit. Place each mango half skin-side down on the cutting board and cut a crosshatch pattern in the flesh down to the skin. Run the knife closely against the inside of the skin to pop the flesh out and create diced fruit.
Per serving: 671 Calories, 21 g Protein, 41 g Carbohydrates, 12 g Fiber, 51 g Total fat (7 g sat), 990 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin A, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, ★★★★★ Vitamin E, ★★★★★ Vitamin K, ★★★★★ Phosphorus, ★★★★ Vitamin B6, ★★★ Potassium, ★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), ★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), ★★ Vitamin B12, ★★ Iron, ★★ Magnesium, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), ★ Calcium, ★ Zinc