- 1 1⁄2 pounds baby spinach leaves
- 3 Tbsp virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Sea or kosher salt
- Rinse the spinach well in cold water to make sure it's very clean.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it's browned.
- Add all the spinach, the salt, and pepper to the pot, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover the pot, and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of sea or kosher salt. Serve hot.