- 2 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 small organic red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp EDEN Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 30 ounces EDEN Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, 2 cans, drained
- 14 1/2 ounces EDEN Diced Tomatoes w/Onion & Garlic, do not drain
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth, or homemade soup stock
Bread Crumb Topping
- 1 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices baguette, sliced 1 1/2" thick
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic, onion, carrot and potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and herbs, and sauté 1 minute.
- Add bay leaf, beans, tomatoes and vegetable broth. Mix and pour into a lightly oiled casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered.
- Place all ingredients for topping in a food processor or blender, and pulse until finely crumbled.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and mix in one-half of the bread crumbs.
- Bake another 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs on top of the casserole and bake another 15 minutes until slightly brown.
- Remove and serve.
Note: the type and amount of herbs may vary in many premixed Herbs de Provence, which will influence the flavor of Cassoulet. Other vegetables can also be added such as parsnips and rutabaga.
Per serving - 263 calories, 9 gram fat (29% calories from fat), 10 gram protein, 38 gram carbohydrate, 8 gram fiber, 0 milligram cholesterol, 420 milligram sodium