- 1 cup shelled raw pistachios
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, pulse pistachios until coarsely chopped. Add basil, parsley, and garlic and pulse until mixed well.
- With motor running, slowly add oil, about one-third at a time, and process until combined well. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper and pulse until combined well.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This is a gentler version of pesto than the typical basil pesto. It’s perfect on almost everything—eggs, fish, chicken salad, or a dollop in a soup. Add it to meat loaf or stuff it into a burger.
Per serving (serves 6): 283 Calories, 5 g Protein, 8 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 27 g Total fat (4 g sat), 142 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin K, ★★★ Vitamin B6, ★★ Vitamin C, E, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Phosphorus
Ready to Try it Out?
Here is the perfect recipe to try this amazing pesto with!