- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz no-boil lasagna noodles, broken into thirds
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add zucchini, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and salt. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring. Stir in tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add noodles to sauce, making sure each piece is at least partially submerged. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until noodles are almost al dente, gently stirring twice.
- Dollop ricotta all over top of noodles; sprinkle mozzarella over ricotta. Cover and cook for 10 minutes more or until cheese melts and noodles are al dente. Sprinkle with black pepper and garnish with basil.
To make ahead, prepare the recipe through step 1. Keep at room temperature for up to 3 hours or transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To serve, gently reheat the sauce in the skillet over medium-low heat. Then complete the recipe as directed in steps 2 and 3.